Monday, June 16, 2008

A Quick Trip to Sfakia and Back

I had hoped that I could use my Visa card in the village of Loutro, however the place where I was staying didn't take it.


This meant I had to take a chance that the bank machine in Sfakia was working.

I also had only a small window of time to get there and back in time for my evening writing session. I caught the 4:30 pm ferry and I had only five minutes to get the cash and back on the boat so that I was back by 5:10 pm...I had to run up hill from the dock to the village, find out the one cash machine wasn't working and find a second one, get the cash and hustle back to the boat.



Luckily, there were plenty of passengers and vehicles and the ferry didn't leave as quickly -- even so I was quick and we were gone again within ten minutes.

The sights were wonderful again.







No comments: