Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Heading to NE Scotland - Buchan County, Aberdeenshire

This morning I headed to the northeast of Scotland to Buchan County, where some of my ancestors come from and where I was doing the bulk of reserach for my children's novel. (The third book in the Secret series.)




I took a train from Edinburgh to Aberdeen, which went along the coast. Unfortunately the day was drizzly, and shots from the train window not exactly satisfactory. On a sunny day the views would have been spectacular.

















My friend Oliver picked me up from the train station in Aberdeen and then drove me to Maud, to my place of residence for the next week or so -- the Station Hotel.






My room was a compact one with two single beds, but very comfy, and the owners (Davey and Monica McLean) installed a small table for me to write at so that I could look out the window.


Views from my window, although over roof tops were quite wonderful. I could see the countryside beyond. and watch the weather and the changes of the day into night.

No comments: