Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Heading to Iraklion - Land of the Minoan Culture

These are shots taken as I headed to Iraklion/Heraklion and then while I wandered about through the city.

I also have shown my hotel room and the view from the balcony....they're the ones that look like heaps of junk as I overlook a noisy construction site. (see way below at the bottom)




I decided to take a change from Greek food and stopped in an exquisite Chinese restaurant called Chopsticks. (See photos and description partway down.)

























The decor of this restaurant was light and airy and delicate...very comfortable and the food some of the best I've ever had.
The dishes were Chinese and Asian, but with a contemporary flair. I had the most delicious wonton soup to start and then a wonderful salad called "Thousand Islands," made from finely cut lengths of cabbage, shredded carrot, and sticks of cucumber with strips of chicken, small slices of pork, and shrimp in a dressing which I assume was thousand island.....










No comments: