Saturday, May 24, 2008

Stow-On-The-Wold & Fortune Telling

Once we solved this mystery of finding the battle location, we went to the market place of Stow-On-The-Wold to see where the foot soldiers fled, and then to St. Edward's Church to see where 1,000 of them were held.





























http://www.cotswolds.info/places/stow-on-the-wold.shtml



Later, we decided to head back to Cirencester and grab a bite to eat.


Along the way however, we came across a Romany (not Gypsy) wagon and I, of course, had to stop and have my fortune told. Aside from being told I was a very independent and confident person, I learned I would soon meet a blue-eyed man, who would be a keeper.....I'm on the look-out now!




This stop took quite a bit longer than we expected, so it was late by the time we picked up fish and chips and got home to eat it, though it was delicious.

No comments: